I remember Uncle Willie serving Lobster Stuffed Cabbage one Saturday night for the family when I was young (one of many meals I did not eat stupidly).
I recall asking him about it many years later and he told me it was his tribute to Jean Jacques Rachou who had served the dish to him and Uncle Jack at La Cote Basque.
In this dish, I stuffed the cabbage with the knuckle meat, leeks, carrots, and julienned cabbage. I topped it with the tail and claw and served it with a tarragon beurre blanc as Willie had.
An inspiration from 2 true masters of french cuisine!
3 comments:
Wow.
If I remember correctly, this item was not on the menu at Cote Basque. J&W simply asked for whatever Rachou would care to prepare, and this is what he presented to them. I remember Johnny describing this as a perfect dish.
It looks sublime. How was it?
As I recall this was a dinner at 31 Reid that was complemented by a mushroom consomme which was executed to perfection by Michael.
You still got it Eddie!
Post a Comment