Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Eve at Eddie's

Eddie prepared a Christmas Eve dinner that would have made the Duke proud. Prime Rib, Yorkshire Pudding (inspired by watching a Willie preparation years ago) and creamed spinach.  He made me take pictures so there was a visual record that the beef was not prepared by a shoemaker. Needless to say, my job was a lot easier than his, though he made it look easy.  I have attached video for those who wish to hear the beef fat sizzle (and who wouldn't?)





5 comments:

Ed McCormick said...

I remember watching Willie make Yorkshire pudding in the tiny oven at 111. I had to squeeze in to watch as I was not allowed to open the door or the beef fat would cool down which was a no no.

The leftover bones will be slathered with mustard and breadcrumbs and baked as Willie would always do for uncle jack!

John said...

No Geppetto on that prime rib! Way to go Eddie.

Anonymous said...

Ready for a picture in Bon Appetit!

Michael said...

Nicely done Eddie, Hot Pink! I would like to see future episodes of the Brendan & Eddie cooking show.

Brendan said...

Mike: The show would largely consist of me making noises like John when he eats a good meal (MMMM! OOOHHHH!) and reminding Eddie not to shoe the meat. Eddie moves around the kitchen from dish to dish while I hold a cell phone camera in one hand and a beer in the other. From time to time, I have to put the beer down to get a good picture. More often than not, I put it right in the way of an oncoming hot pan. He says things like "I remember when Willie did this in the kitchen at Arcadia Walk." and I say "I don't remember that. I think I had my back to him while pouring drinks at the "bar."