Wednesday, December 16, 2015
Memories
Memory #1; Early 1990's, the extended family is off to Saint Louis for Thanksgiving leaving Jackie,Willie,Tim and I to ourselves at 111 Arcadia for the holiday. Willie ignoring the Pilgrims serves a shrimp dish (attempted above) with a mustard sauce followed by game hens. What a culinary thrill!
We finished the evening with cigars and cognac at the Blarney( I think).
Memory #2 Mid 1980's The Chimes Restaurant. A large family dinner. At the far end of the table Willie becoming impatient waiting for the food to arrive fills his spoon with soft butter then plunges it into the grated parmesan cheese bowl. Tim and I look at each other in disbelief..."Don't do it Willie!"
He swallows down with a pleasurable grin..Ahhhh. A nice coating for the Remi Martin (cold tea) to follow. Carpe Diem!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Good memory, Michael. Didn't Kelly become a member of the butter/parmesan club?
Looks great. I bet the number of empty bottles was equivalent to a regular Saturday night.
I remember that happening at the chimes. This was better than the butter on the potato chips
I'm still doing the parmagiano/butter trick!
Post a Comment