
I saw this recipe in the NYT yesterday. Since my current bottle of Noilly Prat dates from the early nineties, I went out and bought a new one. I then mixed myself one of these last night and found it quite refreshing--and, I didn't get nasty. I used the on the rocks version.
Read more about it here.
Recipe: Upside-Down Martini Adapted from Libation
3/4 ounce gin
3 3/4 ounces Noilly Prat vermouth
Lemon twist, for garnish.
Combine the gin and vermouth in a mixing glass with ice and stir. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with the lemon twist. (Alternatively, you can serve it on the rocks; combine the ingredients in a rocks glass with ice, garnish and serve.)
Yield: 1 serving.
2 comments:
Recipe: Original 111 Martini
3 3/4 ounce Absolut vodka (note that gin has regained its acceptance at 111 following Nan's passing, but, as Nan noted, it makes Joey - and others - nasty)
Noilly Prat vermouth
Olives, for garnish.
Pour the vodka into a large wine glass filled with ice. Move the bottle of vermouth next to the glass. Whisper "Vermouth." Add an odd number of olives. Never even. Swirl glass around until olives sink to the bottom. Dip your finger in to the glass to taste. Check frequently for the need to refill.
Yield: 1 serving.
I enjoy the Hawkeye Pierce quote from M*A*S*H:
Hawkeye Pierce:I'd like a dry martini, Mr. Quoc, a very dry martini. A very dry, arid, barren, desiccated, veritable dustbowl of a martini. I want a martini that could be declared a disaster area. Mix me just such a martini.
Post a Comment