A guy goes into a store and tells the clerk, "I'd like some Polish sausage."
The clerk looks at him and says, "Are you Polish?"
The guy, clearly offended, says, "Well, yes I am. But let me ask you something." If I had asked for Italian sausage would you ask me if I was Italian? Or if I had asked for German bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German? Or if I asked for a kosher hot dog would you ask me if I was Jewish? Or if I had asked for a taco would you ask if I was Mexican? Would ya, huh? Would ya?"
The clerk says, "Well, no."
With deep self-righteous indignation, the guy says, "Well, all right then, why did you ask me if I'm Polish just because I ask for Polish sausage?"
I have channeled Uncle Frank and he is not happy. He was a proud Pole and continues to lobby Saint Peter from his bar stool in Purgatory. Aunt Anne consumes the time of recent arrival Mike Douglas on the other side of the Pearly Gates.
6 comments:
Best pierogi's: Dinner at Red Cat courteousy of a gift certificate from Uncle Willie.
Lobster and Potato. Crisped nicely and served with a white wine beurre blanc.
No mention of neck bones. I thought they were a staple of Polish cuisine. At least they were on Hull Avenue.
I feel horrible about what happened to that new football stadium in warsaw....
Shame they had to tear it down because every seat was behind a Pole
OK, I'll bite...
A guy goes into a store and tells the clerk, "I'd like some Polish sausage."
The clerk looks at him and says, "Are you Polish?"
The guy, clearly offended, says, "Well, yes I am. But let me ask you something." If I had asked for Italian sausage would you ask me if I was Italian? Or if I had asked for German bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German? Or if I asked for a kosher hot dog would you ask me if I was Jewish? Or if I had asked for a taco would you ask if I was Mexican? Would ya, huh? Would ya?"
The clerk says, "Well, no."
With deep self-righteous indignation, the guy says, "Well, all right then, why did you ask me if I'm Polish just because I ask for Polish sausage?"
The clerk replies, "Because this is Home Depot."
Sol's contribution, circa WWII:
Q: Why did Hitler hire 1000 police dogs?
A: To piss on the Poles.
I have channeled Uncle Frank and he is not happy. He was a proud Pole and continues to lobby Saint Peter from his bar stool in Purgatory. Aunt Anne consumes the time of recent arrival Mike Douglas on the other side of the Pearly Gates.
Post a Comment