Willie - I am happy to report that I did not shoe the flank steak at the family bbq on sat. Now if I can do that on a consitent basis, I will be somewhat happy.
I’ve done my share of shoeing. I once decided to make pizza. I had a pizza stone in the oven at 475ยบ and dough stretched out on a corn-mealed, flat cookie sheet and topped with slices of tomato, mozzarella, basil and olive oil. When I went to slide the pizza onto the hot pizza stone, I yanked back on the cookie sheet. The dough remained on the cookie sheet and all the goodies slid onto the hot stone. Needless to say the goodies weren’t the only thing that sizzled and the stone wound up in the dump.
Brendan did an impressive job on the grill at 56 Reid on Monday. Marinated chicken on the bone patiently grilled long and slow. Result: Tangy,smokey and crispy on the outside, juicy and delicious inside. Watch out Eddie, a coup may be in the works.
6 comments:
Willie - I am happy to report that I did not shoe the flank steak at the family bbq on sat. Now if I can do that on a consitent basis, I will be somewhat happy.
Hope you had a good holiday weekend
Ed-
I’ve done my share of shoeing. I once decided to make pizza. I had a pizza stone in the oven at 475ยบ and dough stretched out on a corn-mealed, flat cookie sheet and topped with slices of tomato, mozzarella, basil and olive oil. When I went to slide the pizza onto the hot pizza stone, I yanked back on the cookie sheet. The dough remained on the cookie sheet and all the goodies slid onto the hot stone. Needless to say the goodies weren’t the only thing that sizzled and the stone wound up in the dump.
Remember, “even Homer nods.”
I shoed some shish kabobs on Monday night; the meat was the consistency of granite. I almost broke a tooth.
I'm sure even the great chefs occasionally pound some leather.
Brendan did an impressive job on the grill at 56 Reid on Monday. Marinated chicken on the bone patiently grilled long and slow. Result: Tangy,smokey and crispy on the outside, juicy and delicious inside. Watch out Eddie, a coup may be in the works.
Smokey?
Unfair advantage!
I served it with a wine that had cherry flavor with a hint of tobacco. A perfect match!
Post a Comment