Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Churchill gene

More than one in ten Caucasians may have a “Churchill gene” which helps them turn booze into great works


http://www.prospect-magazine.co.uk/article_details.php?id=10751

I was wondering if Brendan as a part of his family research project could find out if this "gene" exists in our family lineage. I await his reply with a bottle of Cabernet and an empty canvass.

4 comments:

Ed McCormick said...

like on the dancefloor?

John said...

My reading of Brendan's research is that we're not getting much in terms of the gene pool from our ancestors.

Con Shine was 5' 4" for God's sake!

And I quote Dudley Moore in Tim's favorite movie, "Arthur": "Some of us drink because we're not poets."

Anonymous said...

Trust me - it's bulls--t. I drank Cognac (some times a little sloppy) and smoked cigars for years. I'm still waiting.

Brendan said...

Don't sell yourself short, Sol. Short Legs was a work of genius