Saturday, November 03, 2007

Mmm! Chinese food


Enjoying some delicacies in a street market in Beijing. My group finished everything but two of the cicadas (in the middle). The scorpion was nicely fried. Note that the Chinese are sticking with the noodles.
I also tried shark fin soup (ok), sea cucumber (good), pigeon (nice) and duck heart (excellent). The Peking duck really does taste better in Peking (even if they call it Beijing).

8 comments:

John said...

Nothing better than going native.

Anonymous said...

Marvelous. Except, John, those are Korean ideograms, not Chinese.

Ed McCormick said...

Are you saying the food was better than at Ming's??

Hope you didnt wash it down with a Coke. They do pee pee in it over there

Anonymous said...

Explanation: I must have inadvertently clicked on "Korean" as my language choice. My entire page was in Korean. John,I thought you had manipulated the Blog. Sorry. (I really haven't lost it yet.) (I don't think.)

John said...

Sol-

You must be having flashbacks to your days in Korea. Maybe an extra martini in the evening would take care of that issue.

Michael said...

Bren,

Did you bring home any of those fun lead based toys for the kids?

Brendan said...

Of course. I've got a Thomas train with an extra coat of chipping yellow paint for Egan and Will to fight over.

If you think they send bad stuff to our country, just think about what they feed and give to the billion Chinese for half the price.

Anonymous said...

John-

There is no such thing as an extra martini.