Friday, February 23, 2007

February 23rd


Years ago, before I would head off to Dorney Malones, I used to try and catch a lecture or two at Manhattan College. It was on this day, that I took my favorite one (Political Attitudes of James Joyce) taught by a young, up and coming English Prof.
My favorite antecdote he told about Joyce:
Asked why he was afraid of thunder when his children werent: "Ah" said Joyce contemptously, 'They have no religion'
I wonder what ever happened to that teacher?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddie, you are amazing. Where did you get the picture? (I think there is an error in the picture. Surely, it should read "PAGE ONE.")

John said...

Check out that spry youth! As I recall, that shirt saw a lot of action in the 80s.

Ed McCormick said...

My mother is going through her old pictures and creating piles for each of us. I was lucky enough to grab this gem, which was clipped from the MC newspaper.

Unfortunetly, Page 3 is accurate.

Everyone should look out now that I have figured out how to put pictures on the blog (after 3 years)