On a cold Sunday afternoon of 11 February 2007 Uncle Jack and I were transported back to Russia in 1834 and spent two and a half hours with a group of Russian intellectuals and rebels whose ideas would give birth to the Russian Revolution of 1917. It was an exciting afternoon in the theater with great performances by Ethan Hawke and particularly Billy Crudup. Thank you Michael David for a great experience.
This was followed by dinner at our new favorite restaurant in a rebuilt downtown Yonkers called Zuppa. Uncle Jack had a Lasagnette with meat of short ribs of beef for a first course followed by Artichoke Ravioli with fresh tomato sauce. Me: Mussel with fregula (Sardinian pasta pearls), roasted cauliflower and prosciutto followed by a dish of three Pork Cheeks (melt in your mouth) punctuated with escarole and rutabaga. And washed down very nicely with a Chianti Reserva. All in all, a lovely day.
4 comments:
You had me worried there after the first few lines. I thought you were losing it.
What impressed me most about this post was Uncle jack's order. Has his appetite grown since Kris kringle? A double pasta order from the coolest geek I know. Way to go Jackie!
I have to ask, Sol, did you catch any zzz's during the performance?
Johnny, absolutely not. The best musical I've seen in years.
Russian intelectual's? I thought the play was a free spirited musical romp about a wedding, featuring the music of the famous Sweedish pop band ABBA.
Post a Comment