Monday, April 24, 2006
Cesca
Based on an old recommendation from Jackie and Willie, Jesica took me to Cesca for my birthday this past Sat night. Though Tom Valenti is no longer the chef, the food is still top notch. We had a bottle of Brunello di Montelcino, Castello Banfi 2003 which was being offered at the low price of $48. We had spicy parmsean fritters (with ham) for the table. I had a beef carpaccio with bresaolo, aged provolone and baby arugala salad and duck and proscuitto ravioli with fava beans. Jessica had Roasted mushrooms with polenta and fresh sheeps milk cheese. After her first few bites she said, "This is retarded!" (her equivalent of a 4 star review. I tasted it and it was really good). Her entree was Lasagna al Forno. The waitress bought a chocolate pizzette with pistachio ice cream with a candle for dessert. A meal to remember!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love to kick off the week with a restaurant review by Eddie!
The girls have found a new favorite restaurant themselves: the Japanese steakhouse. When we were in Palm Springs they sat mesmerized as the chef did his schtick on the teppan grill. I was able to enjoy additional sake as a result.
Post a Comment