Jessica treated me to dinner for my birthday this past Saturday. We decided to visit Dressler in Williamsburg, which is right across the street from Peter Luger's. I was treated to one of the best dining experiences I have had in quiet some time. Here is what we had:
Jessica: Warm artichoke heart salad, cranberry beans, arugula, lemon and parsley
Ed: Grilled octopus, skordalia, chorizo, red pepper, potato, kalamata olive (Althea Prosecco superior)
Mid course: Homemade free form lasagna, braised oxtail, herb ricotta, grilled ramps, fava beans, fresh peas, and parmesean broth (Unreal!)
Jessica: Duck Breast, wild rice, mission figs, roasted cippolinis, and wild mushroom ragout
Ed: Niman Ranch pork loin and berkshire pork belly, maple celery root puree, broccoli rape, pork jus (George Descobes, beaujelais 2008)
Jessica: Warm banana tarte tatin, buttermilk ice cream, macadamia nuts
Ed: Lemon Meringue "pie", coconut cream, sesame tuile (Bonny Doon 2007)
Unbelievable food with top notch service and no restraint shown (at least on my part). A perfect night!
www.dresslernyc.com
2 comments:
Very similar to the menu at the Sugar Bowl. Bravo!
Wow Eddie! I'd like to go there sometime instead of Kennedy's.
Nice pic Sol.
Post a Comment