Friday, January 27, 2006

Th Red Cat

Last night, Jessica and I went to use the very generous gift certificate given to me by Uncle Willie in this years Kris Kringle to the Red Cat, a popular restaurant in Chelsea, that received 2 stars by the Times this past summer. I cant tell you how impressed we were. Below is a brief look at our meal: (We switched plates halfway through each dish)

Wine
Pinot Noir; "Donnelly's Creek" 2002 (outstanding)

1st course
Ed: Sauteed potato pierogies: Lobster, hon shemeji mushrooms, wine, and butter
Jess: Braised Veal Ragout: Gruyere crepes and caramelized onions

Mid course (Gratis/The manager was a girl I knew from Eleven Madison Park)
Marinated Pompano: Pickled vegetables and farro

Main Course
Ed: Sauteed Chatham Cod: Braising Greens, ham, and rock shrimp gumbo
Jess: Grilled Broked Trout: Spaetzle, mushrooms, peas, and soft herbs

Cheese with a glass of Moscato d"Asti
1 Spanish hard
1 Humboldt Fog goat
1 Creamy French

Dessert (Gratis)
Coconut Custard Tart: Passion fruit and pineapple

A meal to remember and only a few blocks from our apt. Thanks Uncle Willie!!!

2 comments:

John said...

Wow, I need a cold shower after reading your post.

Ed McCormick said...

I was still so stoked after dinner that I tried to end the night the right way if you know what I mean. Jessica told me to go take a cold shower!